This day tour is the perfect option for guests that have already visited Victoria and / or looking to explore more of Vancouver Island. On this tour, guests will travel through old-growth forests, stop in the quaint towns of Cowichan Bay and Duncan, enjoy a cidery tasting, and experience breathtaking views of the Saanich Peninsula and the Gulf Islands along the route and at the top of Vancouver Island’s newest attraction – the Malahat SkyWalk.
- Experience a scenic round trip coastal ferry ride across the Strait of Georgia and through the Gulf Islands from Vancouver Mainland to Swartz Bay and returning from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- Visit Vancouver Island’s newest attraction – Malahat SkyWalk
- Enjoy a cidery tasting and tour at Merridale Cidery & Distillery
- Visit the quaint town of Cowichan Bay with free time for lunch and shopping
- Deluxe mini-coach with air conditioning and large windows for the best viewing
- On board tour commentary provided by your driver/guide
- Roundtrip Ferry admission aboard BC Ferries
- Admission to the Malahat SkyWalk
- Cidery tasting at the Merridale Cidery
- Walking tour in the town of Duncan (optional participation)
- All taxes
Tour Departure Locations & Times:
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your departure:
- Departure from, 1025 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 0B9, Canada
- Returns to original departure point
*Please note that no-shows or missed departures will not be refunded.
- Today’s adventure begins with a 90-minute sailing aboard BC Ferries. Be sure to visit the outside decks as it’s not uncommon to see all kinds of sea life, including porpoises and whales. Worth noting, food service is available onboard.
- Arrive on Vancouver Island, and travel past old growth forest and amazing vistas along the Malahat Highway.
- Experience Malahat SkyWalk. The newest outdoor experience on Vancouver Island provides the ultimate natural high just 35 minutes north of Victoria. Accessible by all ages and wheelchair-friendly, it will immerse you in nature as you embark on a 600 metre-long elevated walkway through an expansive Arbutus and Douglas Fir forest, leading to a 10-storey, architecturally-inspiring spiral tower lookout – the first of its kind in B.C. Rising 250 metres above sea level, you will enjoy 360-degree views of islands, inlets, fjords, forests and mountains in two countries.
- Visit Cowichan Bay with free time for lunch. This charming seaside village is home to boating enthusiasts, artisans and an eclectic community of locals, some dwelling in floating residences. “The Bay,” as it’s known locally has a relaxed vibe and waterfront charm of main street that is magnified by a selection of favourite foodie haunts, including a cheese shop, ice cream parlour, organic bakery and fish-and-chips restaurant. Enjoy the food, walk the pier, visit the Cowichan Bay Maritime Centre, and view the paintings of internationally known artists.
- Enjoy a tour and cidery tasting at Merridale Cidery & Distillery. Set in a picturesque orchard in rural Cobble Hill, Merridale has become a Cowichan institution, known primarily for its wide selection of artisanal, made-on-the-premises, craft ciders and spirits.
- Explore Duncan, the City of Totems. The streets of Duncan’s revitalized, architecturally striking downtown are lined with shops, galleries, bookstores, restaurants, cafes, and a popular brewpub and wine bar. Option to join your guide on a walking tour of First Nations’ totems that line downtown streets.
- Today’s adventure winds down with another scenic ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay.
- Return to downtown Vancouver at approximately 8:30pm.