Spectacular sights and rugged wilderness is found just out of reach of Downtown Vancouver. Board your mini-coach and tour the famous Sea to Sky Highway, along Howe Sound, the southernmost glacial fjord in North America.
Feel the spray from British Columbia’s third-highest waterfall, Shannon Falls, while standing on the viewing platform. Next it is on to the Sea to Sky Gondola. Board the gondola and ascend 850 metres (930 yards) to the top to soak up the panoramic perspectives of Howe Sound cradled by the Coast Mountains. It’s here that you can cross the Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge and walk along forest trails to the observation platforms. Our tour then continues north to Whistler Resort where you will join a short guided walking tour of Whistler Village (optional). After learning a bit about Whistler and getting a lay of the land, there is plenty of free time to explore at your own pace. Visit the shops, stop in an art gallery, or do as the locals do and find the perfect patio along the village stroll for a moment to relax at this stunning mountain resort. Whistler Resort is renowned as an outdoor meca, so feel free to ask about additional activities you can take part in during your free time in the village. When your time in Whistler is coming to a close you then get to enjoy the scenic tour back along the Sea to Sky Highway to where your tour began.
- Shannon Falls, an impressive waterfall cascading 335 metres (388 yards) to the viewing platform
- Sea to Sky Gondola bringing you to a suspension bridge and stunning scenery
- Sightseeing along the beautiful Sea-to-Sky Highway
- Guided walking tour of Whistler Village (optional participation)
- Explore the vibrant pedestrian-only Whistler Village
- Deluxe mini-coach with air conditioning and large windows for the best viewing
- On board tour commentary provided by your driver/guide
- Admission to the Sea to Sky Gondola
- Walking tour lead by local guide (optional participation)
- All taxes
Tour Departure Locations & Times:
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your departure:
- Bus departs from Library Square 8:00 am*
- Bus departs from Sheraton Wall Centre 8:15 am*
- Bus departs from Canada Place 8:30 am*
- Bus departs from Blue Horizon Hotel 8:40 am*
*Please note that no-shows or missed departures will not be refunded.
Blackout Date: September 10, 2022
- Travel the Sea to Sky Highway, tracing a route along the shore of Howe Sound; the route weaves deep into the Coast Mountains and then climbs through old-growth rainforests before reaching Whistler 670 metres (733 yards) above sea level.
- Photo stop at Shannon Falls to capture an impressive shot of your adventure.
- Step aboard the Sea to Sky Gondola to reach the peak for stunning views. Gain a new perspective if you dare cross the Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge.
- Arrive in Whistler Village, and join a guided walking tour through the village (optional participation).
- Free time for optional activities and to explore the village.
What to Bring:
- Sweater or jacket, mitts and hat, the temperature drops significantly at higher elevations, even in the summer
- Good, comfortable & warm walking shoes or boots
- Camera, Sunscreen & Sunglasses