Nestled at the mountains’ base and shrouded in the forests that blanket the landscape, the North Shore is a treat!
Experience the famous Capilano Suspension Bridge, and take the heart-quickening walk across this iconic bridge high above the canyon floor.
Explore the 7 suspended footbridges in Treetops Adventure, walk the cantilevered bridges adhered to a granite rock face at Cliffwalk, and stroll along elevated boardwalks through the temperate West Coast rainforest.
Visit the Shipyards District, one of the city’s oldest and fastest growing urban neighbourhoods, it is rich in shipbuilding history and bursting with life. Home to the Lonsdale Quay Market, The Polygon Gallery, and Burrard Pier, this area is situated along North Vancouver’s vibrant waterfront.
Enjoy the unobstructed views of Vancouver’s stunning skyline to the south, and the soaring North Shore mountains to the north. End your scenic tour back across the iconic Lions Gate Bridge to where your tour began.
- Cross Lions Gate Bridge
- Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
- Capilano River
- Lonsdale Quay Public Market
- Shipyards District and Shipbuilders’ Pier
- Deluxe mini-coach with air conditioning and large windows for the best viewing
- On board tour commentary provided by your driver/guide
- Walking tour lead by local guide (optional participation)
- Admission to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
- All taxes
Tour Departure Locations & Times:
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your departure:
- Bus departs from Library Square 1:40 pm*
- Bus departs from Sheraton Wall Centre 1:50 pm*
- Bus departs from Blue Horizon Hotel 2:00 pm*
- Bus departs from Canada Place 2:15 pm*
*Please note that no-shows or missed departures will not be refunded.
- Depart from Wall Centre at 1:30pm and Canada Place at 1:45pm.
- Journey across the iconic Lions Gate Bridge. A suspension bridge originally built by the Guiness family famed for its Irish Stout.
- Explore the temperate rain forest and see Capilano River. Depending on the weather we will stop at either the Cleveland Dam or Capilano Salmon Hatchery
- Experience Capilano Suspension Bridge Park (admission included) with its many features. Take the heart-quickening walk across this iconic bridge, as well as visit Treetop Adventures with its suspended walkways high up in the trees. Stroll the elevated boardwalk through The Living Forest, and if you have any courage left, give Cliffwalk a go – just like it sounds you walk along a granite cliffside high above the canyon floor.
- Visit Lonsdale Quay Public Market, which is an eclectic collection of unique boutiques, artisan vendors and one-of-a-kind shops to visit. The market is also known for its iconic Q tower. Climb the 77 steps to the top for a view well worth the climb.
- Discover the Shipyards District with its public spaces, restaurants and shops, and be sure to stroll the Shipbuilders’ Pier to take in your surroundings.
- Return to the Wall Centre followed by Canada Place.
Please note there is an option to stay at the Shipyards District (instead of returning on the tour bus) to enjoy the many restaurants, craft breweries, and entertainment on select nights. Your Tour Guide will show you where & how to catch the sea bus back to Downtown Vancouver (additional cost).
What to Bring:
- Sweater or jacket, the temperature can drop while on the North Shore Mountains
- Good, comfortable & warm walking shoes or boots
- Camera, Sunscreen & Sunglasses
There are no reviews yet.