DISCOVER VICTORIA & BUTCHART GARDENS
Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, is located on gorgeous Vancouver Island, and is considered one of the world’s most beautiful cities. Known internationally as the City of Gardens, Victoria is always in bloom.
On this full-day tour, you will travel to this lush, oceanfront city by ferry from the Mainland, and explore its rich British heritage and history, in addition to visiting the famed Butchart Gardens (admission included). Tour the downtown area, featuring the Inner Harbour, the Fairmont Empress Hotel, Mile 0 and historic Chinatown, and have free time to explore at your own pace. This day tour is best suited for couples, families and seniors. A visit to Vancouver is not complete without a trip to Victoria!
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and it is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, such as weather or road closures.
Vancouver to Victoria (Roundtrip)
- Today’s adventure begins with a 90-minute sailing aboard BC Ferries. Be sure to visit the outside decks as it’s not uncommon to see all kinds of sea life, including porpoises and whales. Food service is also available onboard.
- Arrive on Vancouver Island and travel to Victoria
- Take a sightseeing coach tour of the top locations in downtown Victoria
- Option to join a walking tour led by your friendly and knowledgeable guide
- Enjoy some free time to explore Victoria on your own. Whatever your purpose for visiting Victoria today, your guide is ready to assist you with suggestions on the best restaurants, top breweries, shops and hidden gems!
- Visit the world-renowned Butchart Gardens (this stop may be done before the sightseeing tour of downtown Victoria, depending on the season and hours of operation)
- Relax as we cruise back to the Mainland this evening, and explore the outside decks and views
Sightseeing tour of Victoria
Upon arrival in Victoria, you will visit the top sighting locations, including the Inner Harbour, Mile 0, Ogden Point, Fisherman’s Wharf, Empress Hotel and Historic Chinatown, home to the famous Fan Tan Alley and shops.
Free time in downtown Victoria
Enjoy free time to explore the capital of BC at your own pace. Option to visit the Royal BC Museum (additional cost), or to join your guide for a walking tour. You may also take the opportunity to try Victoria’s best restaurants, top breweries, shops and hidden gems.
The Butchart Gardens
Stop to visit the breathtaking Butchart Gardens (admission included). This National Historic Site was once a limestone quarry that was transformed into the stunning Sunken Garden that we know today. The gardens now showcase 55 acres of themed displays, including a Japanese Garden, Italian Garden and Rose Garden – an incredible sightseeing experience for the entire family.
Victoria to Vancouver
Relax as you cruise back to the Mainland in the evening. Explore the outside decks for views, visit the onboard restaurants, or wind down your day with the scenic return sailing back to Vancouver.
What weather should I prepare for on this tour?
Victoria experiences mild and pleasant weather during the summer months. Temperatures typically range from 15°C to 25°C (59°F to 77°F). It’s recommended to wear comfortable clothing for walking and exploring, such as lightweight layers, a thin jacket, and comfortable shoes for walking. Don’t forget to bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun!
How long is the visit to The Butchart Gardens?
Admission to The Butchart Gardens includes a visit of approximately 2 hours. This provides you with ample time to explore the beautiful gardens, enjoy the vibrant and colourful flower displays, and explore the various garden features, such as the Rose Carousel.
The Butchart Gardens, situated near Victoria, are an internationally acclaimed botanical garden. Its origins trace back to a limestone quarry that has been carefully transformed into 55 acres of stunning botanical displays, showcasing themed gardens, over 900 species of plants and flowers, and landscaping that dazzles visitors year-round.
Where is it recommended to eat on this tour?
On the way to and from Vancouver, you can enjoy food service aboard the BC Ferries for breakfast and dinner. They offer a variety of dining options, so you can have a meal or snack while enjoying the scenic views!
Once you arrive in Victoria, there are numerous dining options to cater to diverse preferences. A few suggestions are:
- Inner Harbour area: This area has several restaurants with beautiful waterfront views. You can find seafood restaurants, cafes, and pubs. We recommend trying some fresh local seafood.
- Chinatown: Explore the historic Chinatown area for some delicious Asian cuisine. You’ll find a variety of restaurants serving Chinese, Japanese, and other Asian dishes.
- Downtown Victoria: The downtown area offers a wide range of dining options, from casual cafes to fine dining. You can explore local and international cuisines.
- Local breweries: Victoria has a thriving craft beer scene, so if you’re a beer enthusiast, consider visiting one of the local breweries for a tasting or a meal.
Your tour guide can also provide recommendations based on your preferences and dietary requirements, so feel free to ask them for suggestions during the tour!
Please contact us if you don’t see any availability that fits your schedule. We will try our best to accommodate you when possible.
Adult / Youth (13+)
2024: Daily April 27-30 | May 19, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 & June 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19
Pick Up Times
Daily May 1 - October 13, 2024 (with exceptions)
Pick Up Times
- Soak in the views in the scenic roundtrip coastal ferry rides across the Salish Sea and through the Gulf Islands
- Taje a sightseeing tour of historic Victoria and the Inner Harbour
- Have the option to join a walking tour of downtown Victoria to discover the hidden gems
- Enjoy free time to explore, eat and shop in BC’s capital city
- Visit The Butchart Gardens: a National Historic Site showcasing over 900 species of plants
What to Bring:
- Sweater or jacket for the sea breeze aboard the ferries
- Light rain coat in case of drizzle/rain (recommended)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunscreen & sunglasses
- Reusable water bottle
- 2 pieces of ID
- Camera (recommended)
- Phone charger (recommended)